Active Aviation Training delivers practical Fire and Smoke Training courses utilising approved facilities at various locations around the UK and Europe.
Our standard course program is based on the requirements of EASA Implementing Rules Subpart N, with practical fire & smoke training including the following:
- Practical handling of extinguishers, protective breathing equipment (PBE), fire gloves and fire axe/crow bar.
- Actual fire fighting, involving the extinguishing of a fire characteristic of a cabin fire.
- Practical Exercise in a smoke filled cabin environment
Fire and Smoke Practical Training for Flight Crew
Our Fire & Smoke practical training meets the requirements of (EU) EASA Implementing Rules Subpart N for Conversion Training - flight crew who have recently joined an airline, and for Recurrent Training - whereby every 3 years flight crew are required to complete this practical aspect of SEP Training.
Additional theory based training can be included with the practical training covering:
- Theory of Fire
- Spread of Fire & Smoke
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Fire Fighting Drills & Procedures
- Coordination & Communcation in a Fire Emergency
- Ground Based Emergency Services
Compliance with Aviation Authority and Operator Requirements
To ensure compliance is maintained with each Authority our experienced training team can modify any training materials and the associated examinations and required checking. All training materials are cross referenced with requirements and regulations and we can work with our airline customers in ensuring that the equipment and drills covered by the training are in compliance with those stated in the appropriate manuals.
For further information on our capabilities to deliver Flight Crew SEP Fire & Smoke Practical Training please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices on +44(0)8700 672 757.